Health Care Provider Assessment Card
Also available in Spanish
Look Beneath the Surface: Victims of human trafficking may look like many of the people you help everyday. Call the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1-888-373-7888 if you think you have encountered a victim of trafficking.
Look for the Following Clues:
- Evidence of being controlled
- Evidence of inability to move or leave job
- Bruises or other signs of physical abuse
- Fear or depression
- Not speaking on own behalf and/or non-English speaking
- No passport or other forms of identification or documentation
Asking the right questions will help you determine if the person in front of you is a victim of trafficking who needs your help.
Key Questions to Ask:
- What type of work do you do?
- Are you being paid?
- Can you leave your job if you want to?
- Can you come and go as you please?
- Have you or your family been threatened?
- What are your working and living conditions like?
- Where do you sleep and eat?
- Do you have the ask permission to eat/sleep/go to the bathroom?
- Are there locks on your doors/windows so you cannot get out?
- Has your identification or documentation been taken from you?