Request for Assistance Form
The RFA is used in the child Eligibility process to support two main functions.
- To notify HHS of trafficking concerns within 24 hours of having credible information that a foreign national minor may be a victim of trafficking (22 U.S.C. § 7105 (b))
- To connect potential victims of trafficking with local trafficking victim assistance providers for case management services
Steps to Request Assistance Using the RFA
If you are working with a foreign national minor (non-US citizen/legal permanent resident and currently under 18) and have concerns that they may have experienced forced labor or commercial sex at any point in their life, take the following steps:
- Complete the RFA (during the initial 24 hours you only need to complete and submit Part A) and email the form to ChildTrafficking@acf.hhs.gov. If you want to discuss the case with the OTIP Child Protection Specialists before submitting the RFA, you can call them during normal business hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST) at 202-205-4582.
- Complete Part B of the RFA and submit to ChildTrafficking@acf.hhs.gov if you did not submit it initially.
- While the case is pending, email the OTIP Child Protection Specialists with any changes or updates on the child’s case.
The OTIP Child Protection Specialists will contact you with updates on the child’s case, letters issued, and whether it is determined that the child is eligible for benefits and services to the same extent as a refugee.
- Request for Assistance Form (1.63 MB)