National Human Trafficking Hotline
- By phone: 1-888-373-7888
- By email: email@example.com
- By text: text HELP to 233733 (BEFREE)
- Online chat: www.humantraffickinghotline.org
Hotline staff are trained to:
- Listen to survivors of all forms of human trafficking
- Provide immediate safety planning for people in crisis
- Field tips of suspected trafficking
- Help survivors understand their options for support without judgment
The hotline provides assistance to individuals in crisis through safety planning, emotional support and/or immediate connections to emergency services through our network of trained service provider and law enforcement partners.
The hotline takes tips about potential situations involving all forms of sex and labor trafficking and facilitates reporting to specialized human trafficking task forces, federal authorities, local law enforcement, and service providers throughout the country.
The National Human Trafficking Hotline is completely confidential — read the confidentiality policy for more information.
About the Program
The National Human Trafficking Hotline is funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and is operated by Polaris, a Washington, D.C.-based nongovernmental organization.
Since 2007, the Hotline has:
- Answered more than 368,000 calls, including more than 27,000 from potential victims
- Identified more than 47,000 cases of human trafficking across the United States
- Provided more than 15,000 tips to federal, state and local law enforcement
Going Beyond Phone Calls
The Hotline also has resources for referrals and information, and ways for communities to get involved.
The National Human Trafficking Referral Directory is designed to provide access to critical emergency, transitional, and long-term social services for victims and survivors of human trafficking, and to connect individuals with training and technical assistance and opportunities to get involved in their communities. Frequently requested service referrals include case management, shelter, transportation, legal services, mental health and counseling services, and much more.