PARIS Transmittal 2018-05: Adding Military Retiree Survivor Pay (SR) Military Member SSN
Addition of Military Retiree Survivor Pay (SR) Military Member SSN to Federal File
Starting with the February 2018 PARIS quarterly match, the Federal Output file returned to States will now identify Military Retiree Survivor Pay (SR) Military Member’s SSN for a matched individual.
As in all other PARIS matches, a “match” is dependent on the State submitting the SSN of the individual. If SR pay code is identified for the individual, they are the recipient of the payments and are considered the survivor. The match will now identify the Social Security Number (SSN) of the military member who is associated with the pay (the one who served in the military) in position 1310-1318. It is identified as “MBRSSN” on the PARIS Federal Output Record Format document (attached).
Note that this data source does not include civilian retiree survivors, only military retiree survivors.
- The overall logical record length (LRECL) of returned FED file is not changing.
- LRECL is currently 1318.
- The existing COMMENT4 section starting at 1092 will be reduced to account for the new data element
- Was: @1092 COMMENT4 $CHAR227
- Now: @1092 COMMENT4 $CHAR218
- The military member’s SSN (MBRSSN) will be added at position 1310.
- Now: @1310 MBRSSN $CHAR9.
Please share this with your State’s Information Technology resource for their review to update any automated processes that happen in your State.
State Administrative, Board Members and Technical contact information can be found at: https://www.acf.hhs.gov/paris